About Milt Tremblay
Protecting rural interests, fiscally responsible
Consensus builder, solution finder, visionary
Respected by colleagues, long-term relationships
Veteran, board member, city councilman
Looking out for small towns, families, and children
Air Force officer, coach, manager, board chair
Milt Tremblay is a proven community leader, planner, youth advocate and visionary who has been serving Pierce County for over 38 years.
An Air Force Veteran who served at McChord AFB and Columbus AFB as an Instructor Pilot, Milt was commissioned through AFROTC after graduating with a bachelor’s degree in architecture from the University of Miami. He then returned to the Pacific Northwest in 1980 and, after 15 years in the private sector at Bayley Construction and Hillstrom Cabinets, Milt served on the White River School Board and was the Director of Facilities for the District during the development of the White River High School. He then became the Deputy Director for Capitol Facilities in Olympia.
Since 2005 until his retirement last September, Milt has been the Director of Physical Planning and Sustainability for the University of Washington Tacoma. Over the last 12 years, Milt helped plan and manage ten major projects and over $220 million dollars of capital improvements.
Milt has coached High School football, premier level girls’ soccer, and the infamous Buckley Fossils, a men’s over 40 soccer team. He also officiated high school soccer, kept stats for White River football and announced Boys’ and Girls’ Soccer. Milt’s passion for our youth and their success is undeniable. He has left a legacy of coaches and mentors throughout our communities.
He was a founding member of the plateau’s Community Activities Program and the creator of the “Friends of the Prairie Line Trail”. He chaired the South Prairie Planning Commission for 10 years and has served on the Buckley City Council for the past 7 years.
He currently serves as the Chair of the Pierce County Regional Council. Through his constant involvement in our communities, Milt has been able to build strong relationships with elected officials, administrators and staffs throughout Pierce County. Connections developed and strengthened over the years are why he will be able to successfully bring people together to solve County challenges.
As a respected, trusted, partner, Milt has proven that he can develop creative solutions to difficult challenges. He is a long-time advocate for our youth and younger citizens. Your support, both physically and fiscally will help us improve our communities.
May 1974 – Dec 1980
United States Air Force (Vietnam Era Veteran)
Captain / Instructor Pilot (C-141/T-37)
Vance AFB/ McChord AFB/Columbus AFB
Leadership and elected experience
- City Council, Buckley, WA- November 2011 – Present (Mayor Pro-tem)
- Pierce County Regional Council – 2015 – Present (Chair)
- White River School Board 1993-97
- South Sound Alliance – Live, Learn, Work, Play and Dream (L2WPD) Chair
- Friends of the Prairie Line Trail – Founder and Board Member
- AmTrak Station at Freighthouse Square – Citizens’ Advisory Board
- Town of South Prairie Planning Commission – Chair (10 years)
- White River School District Vocational Advisory Committee (28 years)
- White River School District School Bond Committee – 1998 and 2016
- White River Community Activities Program – Founding Member
Investing in community
- Former Official for high school and youth soccer matches – WSYSA and WOA Certified
- Former high school football and premier level soccer Coach
- Announcer for high school sporting events (28 years)
- Statistician for White River High School football team (25 Years)
- Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
- American Society of Professional Estimators – Seattle Chapter, Past President
- Construction Specifications Institute – Mount Rainier Chapter, Board Member
- Washington Association of School Administrators – State School Construction Committee – Chair
- Council of Educational Facility Planners International
- Washington Interscholastic Activities Association – IAC Committee